Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
After making these waffles, my sister said I had to post this recipe. We have tried many waffle recipes and this is our favorite. These waffles are light and crispy. I obtained the original from the manual of my first waffle iron many years ago. When my kids were little, it wasn't unusual for me to make a batch a couple times a week.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sift Dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add egg yolks, milk and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour into preheated waffle iron and bake.
Hi there, you are right about these waffles being crispy they were very crispy and light. I had them for breakfast with a spoonful of orange marmalade and some cream, I know it's a bit of an indulgence at eight in the morning but I had been up for hours, so it was like brunch. A great idea beating the egg whites separately and then folding in it makes a wonderful light mixture. I will be sure to make them again. Made for PAC Spring 2010
Theses waffles are very good. They are light and crispy. I added 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla and 1 cup of chopped pecans. They yield 4 waffles.