Recipe by MSR
These are just nice basic meatballs, yummy taste, and excellent for picky eaters. Pretty quick when you get the hang of meatball making in general. These freeze well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili paste (the spicy kind!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 large onion, minced
- 500 g beef mince
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Food process the oatmeal until it looks like meal, add everything but the meat and the egg. Blitz that until well combined.
- Mix into meat along with the egg until mixture is uniform.
- Make into uniform size balls -- as a trick you can pat it out into a square then cut it up like a checker/chess board -- but that's a bit picky to me lol.
- Fry in a pan on all sides til brown (2 min in a hot pan?).
- Pop onto a baking sheet, or whatever won't blow up in the oven (line it with foil -- trust me.).
- 350f, 200c for about 30 minute Break one open and make sure that it is done.
- Either cool and freeze for whenever or pop into some nice tomato sauce!