Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This sauce is so delicious. The ingredients make up for what I think is the perfect sauce for Pork Spareribs.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- In a saucepan or large skillet heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 3 weeks.
This sauce is great for pulled pork. It has a nice balance of sweet and spice. CQ
I sauteed the onions and garlic, then put everything else in the crockpot with the meat on low all day. I pulled the meat, skimmed the fat off, pureed the sauce and served together. Tasted great! Made for CQ 14.