Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These ribs are wonderful for your next back yard barbecue. You can pre-cook these by removing them from the foil packets, place them on a platter, cover them and refrigerate until ready to complete grilling. (up to overnight).
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 racks of baby-back pork ribs (about 1 lb each)
- heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pat ribs dry with paper towels.
- Rub spice mixture all over ribs.
- Place 2 rib racks side by side on a double layer of foil; place 3 ice cubes under the sides and seal foil around the ribs well.
- Repeat with the next two racks of ribs.
- Place foil packets on grill rack; cover and cook for 1 hour, carefully turning once with tongs after half an hour.
- When ribs are done, cut an X in the top of the packets to allow steam to escape; pull foil back exposing the ribs.
- Remove the ribs and place directly on the grill rack; cover and grill 7 to 10 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Brush ribs with barbecue sauce and cook 7 to 10 minutes longer, brushing with more sauce and turning often.
- Cut ribs into 1-rib portions.
Best rib recipe ever and so easy!!
Wonderful!!! After much searching and experimenting, this is the #1 recipe we use and ultimately share! Quick and easy and always turns out. No need to preboil as the icecubes create enough steam to make them tender. Be sure to use back ribs and not side ribs and back ribs are much more tender.