Recipe by Miss Annie
These nuts would probably be a hit at your next football party accompanied by some ice-cold beer. The fragrance of the the rosemary is wonderful. From the Union Square Cafe Cookbook, and voted "best bar nuts" award in New York by The New York Press.
Top Review by Leta
Oh these are wonderful! I took them to a dessert buffet we had for a class I am taking (a little savory to go with all the sweet), and they were a big hit with all the guests. A word of warning...these are very hot. That is fine with me, I like spicy food, but some may want to cut the cayenne pepper back to 1/2 to 3/4 tsp.
- 1 lb unsalted assorted nuts (peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans and whole almonds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine.
- Spread them out on a cookie sheet, and toast in the oven until they become light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter.
- While the nuts are still warm, add the rosemary/butter mixture.
- Thoroughly toss with the warm toasted nuts.