Recipe by missalexandrah
These are a light, tasty treat sure to have you reaching for more ! You can leave out the egg for vegans/vegetarians and feel free to add more cinnamon if you wish! Enjoy ---
Top Review by nethope
First I wanted muffins, but as I started mixing, I changed my mind and wanted bars. I decided muffins and quick breads were close enough, and I baked it in a 9x9" pan instead of muffin cups. I also wanted to reduce the fat, so I put 2 Tbs margarine in 1/3 cup measure filled the rest of the way with rather dry homemade applesauce. Instead of 3/4 cup raisins, I used 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, and 1/4 cup raisins. Yummy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 -3 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl and mix.
- Add the egg, sugar, margarine or butter, bananas and raisins.
- Mix second set of ingredients together with first, making sure to mash bananas well and do not over mix.
- Grease muffin tins with little bit of butter.
- Fill tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Top should spring back when lightly touched.