Recipe by Recipe Baroness
For the best Flavor, use well ripened bananas to make this family-favorite bread,
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of a 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pan.
- In large bowel, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add bananas, milk, and vanilla: blend well.
- In small bowel combine flour, nuts, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.