Recipe by renee
Top Review by diner524
Wonderfully moist muffins!!! I made this as written except I added mini chocolate chips in place of the nuts, as my kids don't like nuts, and it is a huge hit. I used a regular muffin pan and got 17 muffins. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin tins with paper liners or grease the tins.
- Peal the bananas, put on a plate and mash them with a form or put in a mixer and beat with a paddle attachment. Beat until mashed. Add sugar and eggs, beat until smooth. Reduce the speed to low. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined well. Add the sour cream and vanilla, beat until combined. Hand stir in nuts if desired.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4's full. Sprinkle the tops of muffins with raw sugar. Bake until a tester comes out clean, usually about 20 minutes for regular muffins and 10-12 minutes for mini muffins, rotating the pans halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack until cool.