Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from Rogers Flour recipie.
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda substitute) so left out of ingredients above so as not to distort nutritional calculations.
- Combine flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat egg.
- Add oil, sugar, milk and mashed banana and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to liquids and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool on racks.
I thought they were great, though my sister didn't.
These are very good, not too sweet (I used Splenda). You should list Splenda in the ingredients list (it won't "distort" the numbers, since Zaar does not recognize it as an ingredient, but it would be less likely to be left out by someone not reading closely. Also you have no oven temperature listed. I baked mine at 350F. I will be making these again, but will add some cinnamon and nutmeg also. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
These muffins turned out fluffy, weren't too sweet and didn't stick to the pan. I used 3 large bananas.