Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Wilton...we made them a little bigger and used big bananas. Very moist and delicious.
Make and share this Best Banana Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not over-mix.
- Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. We fill them almost to the top for big cupcakes with "muffin tops".
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before frosting as desired.
- (We used half of a container of vanilla frosting with some banana extract. Cream cheese frosting would also work well here.).