Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Wilton...we made them a little bigger and used big bananas. Very moist and delicious.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- frosting (your favorite)
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not over-mix.
- Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. We fill them almost to the top for big cupcakes with "muffin tops".
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before frosting as desired.
- (We used half of a container of vanilla frosting with some banana extract. Cream cheese frosting would also work well here.).