Adapted from Wilton...we made them a little bigger and used big bananas. Very moist and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- 5Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not over-mix.
- 6Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. We fill them almost to the top for big cupcakes with "muffin tops".
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before frosting as desired.
- 9(We used half of a container of vanilla frosting with some banana extract. Cream cheese frosting would also work well here.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Banana Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 260.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g