- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix flour, soda, salt and cream of tartar in mixing bowl.
- 2. Cream shortening. Add sugar a little at a time and stir until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- 3. Add flour mixture alternately with bananas, a small amount at a time, and beat after each addition until smooth.
- 4. Put in well-greased loaf pan and bake in 350 oven for 1 hour until done.