Recipe by TaDa!
This is very easy to make, contains no egg or milk. I use gluten free all purpose flour and it comes out totally fabulous! The recipe is adjusted from 'My favourite Banana Bread Recipe - it has No Eggs' I found on the web! The recipe is only enough for a petite loaf pan (about 5x3 inches). Double the recipe for a standard size pan.
Top Review by Everlasting_Grey
This is a wonderful, sweet and moist banana bread. However, I had problems with the ingredients. I added an egg and 1/4 cup milk to the batter, otherwise it would not have been a batter. It was much too dry and crumbly. After adding the two extra ingredients, it was perfect, and the bread turned out fabulous. I left out the chocolate chips and used xylitol instead of sugar. The gluten free flours used: 1/4 cup buckwheat, 1/4 cup sorghum, 1/2 cup brown rice. This combination tends to work out in many baked goods for me and tastes amazing. I have baked the batter in muffin tins to make muffins the second time around; they came out nicely!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas (Mashed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Lightly grease an petite loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter (or oil) and sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt
- Blend in the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the chocplate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.