Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is absolutely a hit with everyone. I have an added trick that makes it extra delicious. Scroll down to see!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, bananas and egg.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together EXCEPT for the cinnamon and 2 tsp of sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively with the sour milk. Try to end with dry ingredients. Add vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Now -- heres the yummy trick- mix the cinnamon and 2 tsp sugar. Then grease the loaf pan and instead of dusting with flour, dust the pan with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then pour in the batter and bake for 1-1.5 hours until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Sour milk is 3/4 cup of milk with one tablespoon of milk removed and replaced with one tablespoon of white vinegar.
- I like to make my banana bread in a larger cake pan so it cooks faster.
OMG! This was freakin' awesome!!!!! I added chocolate chips and wooooooo! We're all in love:)