Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the banana bread my mother makes and it is fabulous. I've never had any better. Its so moist because of the cream cheese and even moister if you use more bananas.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana, 3 to 4
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Beat in bananas and eggs.
- Mix in the Bisquick and nuts (walnuts are really good but pecans are nice, too).
- Bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Set your timer for 45 minutes and when it goes off loosely cover loaf pan with foil to prevent it from getting too brown.
- Then bake for the additional fifteen minutes.
- When its cooling slice, slather with butter and enjoy.
So wonderful!! I used bisquick heart healthy mix, 1/3 less fat philly cream cheese and the splenda cup for cup sugar substitute to make this a slightly healthy dessert/breakfast/ultimate snack food!! Everyone loved it, even my 12 yo who said he couldn't believe that it was GOOD for him!! I am debating whether or not I'll add cinnamon or nutmeg to the next mix, it REALLY didn't feel as if it was missing anything at all so I don't think I want to change it...
This is very much like the recipe I have used for years. Makes the best Banana bread EVER!
Oh Telsh, this is really good banana bread. I used 4 bananas and the walnuts. I sprnkled sugar on the loaf as I like it sweet and crispy. I baked this for 1 hour at 350 in my convection oven (my oven temp. is off a bit). Thank your Mom for me for a really great recipe. Rita