Recipe by Telsh
This is the banana bread my mother makes and it is fabulous. I've never had any better. Its so moist because of the cream cheese and even moister if you use more bananas.
Top Review by The Packet Queen
So wonderful!! I used bisquick heart healthy mix, 1/3 less fat philly cream cheese and the splenda cup for cup sugar substitute to make this a slightly healthy dessert/breakfast/ultimate snack food!! Everyone loved it, even my 12 yo who said he couldn't believe that it was GOOD for him!! I am debating whether or not I'll add cinnamon or nutmeg to the next mix, it REALLY didn't feel as if it was missing anything at all so I don't think I want to change it...
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana, 3 to 4
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Beat in bananas and eggs.
- Mix in the Bisquick and nuts (walnuts are really good but pecans are nice, too).
- Bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Set your timer for 45 minutes and when it goes off loosely cover loaf pan with foil to prevent it from getting too brown.
- Then bake for the additional fifteen minutes.
- When its cooling slice, slather with butter and enjoy.