Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
After trying to find the perfect banana bread recipe for over 20 years, this is it! It has so much flavor and is super moist! This isn't your average banana bread recipe.
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9X5X3" pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole wheat flour. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in bananas, vanilla and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle 3 T. walnuts evenly on top of batter in pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove to cool on a rack remaining time.
This is from the Silver Palate. I think we should be careful to properly credit our sources. It is a great recipe.