Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My first attempt at banana bread, and my entire family enjoyed it and asked for seconds!
Make and share this Best Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add banana chucks and beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add Vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Blend throughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn inot greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn out on rack to cool.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and let stand overnight before slicing.
This was a wonderful banana bread. It was nice and moist and full of banana flavor. I also used chopped walnuts and stuck to the recipe without making any alterations, and it was really delicious. Thanks lasustacy. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Made for PAC Spring 2009, this is a very excellent banana bread. I made the recipe into muffins and froze them so that my DH could take them for lunch, excellent review from him. Thanks, I will make again.
This is definitely "the best" banana bread! I followed the instruction exactly and used walnuts. Great flavor and very moist. This is a winner, Isustacy. Can't wait to make it again.