Recipe by princessbride029
This bread is very moist - no dry crumbles. Try it, you'll love it! You can of course add nuts or whatever you like to "spice it up," but my favorite way is just bananas!
Top Review by Jessica R.
This is an amazing recipe!! The only drawback for me is how dark it gets when it's done baking. It doesn't take away from the flavor, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I love a beautiful golden brown bread.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (1-2 bananas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda and salt.
- Add to margarine/sugar combo, mix till smooth.
- Add sour cream and bananas.
- Bake in greased loaf pan at 350F for 1 hour(or sometimes I use an 8x8 glass pan, makes for a more cakelike bread - bake for 35-40min).
- Bread is done when a toothpick or knife comes out clean from the thickest part. Top will be dark brown, not golden.