1/3 Photos of Best Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Banana bread with deep flavor, plenty of moisture, and a nice, light texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (, you can grind these if your audience doens't like the texture of nuts) or 1 cup toasted pecans, , chopped (, you can grind these if your audience doens't like the texture of nuts)
- 3 ripe, soft, darkly speckled large bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted then cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- 3Combine dry ingredients together in large bowl and set aside.
- 4Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
- 5Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
- 6Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 7Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- 8Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for 4 days, on the counter for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 231.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g