Banana bread with deep flavor, plenty of moisture, and a nice, light texture.
Make and share this Best Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (, you can grind these if your audience doens't like the texture of nuts) or 1 cup toasted pecans, , chopped (, you can grind these if your audience doens't like the texture of nuts)
- 3 ripe, soft, darkly speckled large bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted then cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients together in large bowl and set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
- Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for 4 days, on the counter for 2 days.