1/3 Photos of Best Banana Bread
Chef Sunshine's Note:
Bananas are one of America's favorite fruits. They help to strengthen the stomach lining and are good for soothing indigestion. Most banana bread recipes are saturated with butter and sugar. This one uses a small amount of canola oil instead - which is much better for your heart - and honey, which of course means lots of flavor. Don't use regular whole-wheat flour. It is too heavy for this recipe. Look for whole-wheat pastry flour instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- 2Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- 3Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
- 4Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 621.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g