Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is simply the best banana bread I have ever tasted. The sour cream keeps it moist. It was a blue ribbon winner at the Milwaukee fair. I bake it in tin foil loaf pans, as my oven is hot. It is a 1935 recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups banana pulp
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix banana pulp, vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix alternately with dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees in greased and floured loaf pans.
- 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
This looks like a lovely recipe unfortunately I don't do cups as measurements, it just isn't what I am used to and seems very imprecise as a measurement. I tried converting the recipe to metric measurements but they are completely wrong. Not only is it giving dry ingredient measurements in ml which is wrong it is also giving the wrong amounts and not by a little bit ! Unfortunate really cause there are some really good recipes on here but if you are not in US and don't use cups I would suggest getting the measurements elsewhere.
Best banana bread I have ever made! I added blueberries and it was even better!!
Very good and moist!