Recipe by HumbleCook
I've made this recipe many times! It is THE best! My family prefers this over lasagna! Make sure to use ziti noodles (made with semolina) and fat-free sour cream for the best taste!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 32 ounces prego traditional-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground meat substitute
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cook ziti noodles as directed on box. Drain.
- Mix raw beef and seasoned salt.
- Cook ground beef into crumbles on the stove top over medium heat until evenly browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce to beef and simmer for about 5 minutes or until hot.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Put half of cooked noodles into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the provolone cheese slices over the noodles.
- Cover the cheese slices with the sour cream.
- Put in half of the sauce mixture.
- Next, put in the rest of the noodles.
- Lastly, put in the rest of the sauce.
- Cover with shredded mozzerella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or bubbly.
- For Vegetarian use the meat subsitute.