Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've made this recipe many times! It is THE best! My family prefers this over lasagna! Make sure to use ziti noodles (made with semolina) and fat-free sour cream for the best taste!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 32 ounces prego traditional-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground meat substitute
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cook ziti noodles as directed on box. Drain.
- Mix raw beef and seasoned salt.
- Cook ground beef into crumbles on the stove top over medium heat until evenly browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce to beef and simmer for about 5 minutes or until hot.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Put half of cooked noodles into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the provolone cheese slices over the noodles.
- Cover the cheese slices with the sour cream.
- Put in half of the sauce mixture.
- Next, put in the rest of the noodles.
- Lastly, put in the rest of the sauce.
- Cover with shredded mozzerella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or bubbly.
- For Vegetarian use the meat subsitute.
Yummy! This is so good! I like the sour cream addition rather than ricotta. Thanks so much Humblecook!!!
Very good meal. I made mine in an oblong casserole dish so it was a little deeper. Quick, easy and very yummy. Might try adding some fresh mushrooms when I brown the ground beef next time.