Recipe by Little Bee
This is really good and easy to make! Its a real crowd pleaser too. Take it to your next potluck and you won't have any left. Its also great to make ahead on the weekend for a family weeknight. meal.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
Excellent! I've made this twice now. Once for the family and once for a Christmas Party and received good reviews on both occassions. I think the combination of different cheeses make this recipe special. It is one I will make again!
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion, garlic, and ground beef over medium heat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, Ricotta, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and remove foil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven uncovered.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is golden brown.
- *Increasebaking time if made ahead and refrigerated.