Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This tastes like a rotisserie chicken. My family loves this and it is so easy to make. I make this a lot. **Please note: I have a big slow cooker and a seven pound chicken fits nicely in it. Please adjust cooking time if making a smaller bird.
- 1 (7 lb) whole chickens (I prefer one with a pop up timer)
- seasoning salt (use liberally)
- pepper (use liberally)
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce (or any hot sauce)
- Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season the chicken with the season salt, pepper and Tabasco, and place in the slow cooker on top of the aluminum foil balls. There is no need to add water; it will make its own juices.
- Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the pop up timer pops or the juices run clear.
- **Please note: I have a big slow cooker and a seven pound chicken fits nicely in it. Please adjust cooking time if making a smaller bird.
It sounds great, but I wouldn't use aluminum foil for cooking something that long. Try a small stainless steel rack or 3 small jars turned upside down.
Yay! Easiest way to get perfect results! I used this to make the perfect chicken wraps that my family loves. Chicken came out beautiful, flavorful, very moist and tender. Just perfect!