Recipe by Scorpio Mamma
Smooth and cheesy, but not overly so, baked yummy greatness derived from my mother's recipe. Takes about 60 minutes from ingredients to the plate (including pasta cook time, bake and set time)
- 453.59 g box elbow macaroni
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml butter, plus
- 59.14 ml butter
- 113.39 g colby-monterey jack cheese
- 113.39 g mild cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g sharp cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 1.23 ml dried mustard
- 22.18 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow box directions to prepare pasta.
- On a medium-low flame, heat evaporated milk.
- Add 1.5 stick of butter and stir to meld with milk and eliminate lumps.
- Add cream cheese, stir until melded with milk and butter.
- Keep stirring for silky texture.
- Add colby/Jack cheese stir until blended.
- Repeat for remaining cheeses.
- Stir for approximately 1 minute for sily texture.
- Add mustard, mix well.
- Add sour cream and remaining butter stir well.
- After pasta has been drained place in oven safe dish.
- Add cheese sauce and mix pasta and sauce well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Let set 10-12 minutes to set and serve.