Scorpio Mamma's Note:
Smooth and cheesy, but not overly so, baked yummy greatness derived from my mother's recipe. Takes about 60 minutes from ingredients to the plate (including pasta cook time, bake and set time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Follow box directions to prepare pasta.
- 2On a medium-low flame, heat evaporated milk.
- 3Add 1.5 stick of butter and stir to meld with milk and eliminate lumps.
- 4Add cream cheese, stir until melded with milk and butter.
- 5Keep stirring for silky texture.
- 6Add colby/Jack cheese stir until blended.
- 7Repeat for remaining cheeses.
- 8Stir for approximately 1 minute for sily texture.
- 9Add mustard, mix well.
- 10Add sour cream and remaining butter stir well.
- 11After pasta has been drained place in oven safe dish.
- 12Add cheese sauce and mix pasta and sauce well.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- 15Let set 10-12 minutes to set and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BEST Baked Macaroni & Cheese Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 397.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g