1 hr 30 mins
"I've made this for years and it is both easy and consistently good...two things that I appreciate in any recipe!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cook following package directions (approx. 9 noodles)
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb cottage cheese or 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb hamburger or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Mix eggs and cottage cheese to blend.
- 2Cook hamburger until no longer pink, drain, and them add spaghetti sauce and spinach, heat till simmering.
- 3Place 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread evenly around. Place 1/3 of the noodles to cover the pans bottom, topping with 1/3 of the spaghetti/meat mixture. Top this layer with 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls and then top this evenly with 1/3 of the cheddar cheese. Repeat these directions, adding 2 more layers of pasta and cheese to the first layer. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and cover tightly with foil (Spray foil with cooking spray, to keep the cheese from sticking while it bakes).
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and let it continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting, to let it firm up.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Baked Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 630.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.4 g