These donuts are lighter than regular donuts, baked not fried, and so easy to make. They will disappear before your eyes!
- Blend 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Blend in the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter.
- While doughnuts are still warm, roll them in melted butter; then in cinnamon sugar.