Recipe by Whisper
These donuts are lighter than regular donuts, baked not fried, and so easy to make. They will disappear before your eyes!
Top Review by ballantd
These doughnuts are great! I sent some with my boyfriend when he went to visit a mutual friend and he said they tasted like mini elephant ears! The key to making this recipe work is to ADD VANILLA EXTRACT. I put a little over a teaspoon into the full recipe (36 doughnuts) the second time I made them and the reviews were much better: more moist, better flavor.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Blend in the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter.
- While doughnuts are still warm, roll them in melted butter; then in cinnamon sugar.