1/1 Photo of Best Baked Doughnuts (Donuts)
1 hr 10 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
This recipe came with my 12-hole mini-doughnut pan and it does make really delicious doughnuts. I have tried some recipes from zaar but I found that this one was less cake-like and more doughnut-like. I glazed these with some chocolate topping and sprinkles and kids and adults devoured them! Note that you need to allow the dough at least 30 minutes to chill in the fridge.
My Private Note
small d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with salt, baking powder, cinammon and nutmeg.
- 2Melt the shortening in a small bowl in the microwave and allow to cool.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy and gradually add the sugar while beating constantly.
- 4Add the milk alternately with the melted shortening and then add the vanilla essence.
- 5Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- 6Cover and chill in fridge for around 30 minutes until dough is firm.
- 7Grease a doughnut pan with 12 holes carefully.
- 8Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius (450 F) with the fan-forced option on.
- 9Carefully spoon the cool dough into a large piping bag with a large plain nozzle and pipe a ring of dough into each hole.
- 10You can just use a small spoon to fill the doughnut pan but it takes ages and isn't as even. I used a disposable bag, filled it then snipped a hole at the end to pipe the mixture.
- 11Bake for around 10 minutes or until doughnut has risen and is lightly browned.
- 12Turn out onto a wire-rack to cool.
- 13Ice with chocolate glaze, doughnut icing (e.g.Easy Bakery-Style Doughnut Topping Glaze ) or dip in half a cup of melted butter and then toss in a cup of sugar mixed with a teaspoon of cinammon.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Baked Doughnuts (Donuts)
Serving Size: 1 (1460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 137.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g