Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Every once in a while, I get a craving for that yummy smoky cream cheese and lox flavor. This recipe makes quite a lot, but it's very easy to cut in half. Cook time listed is chill time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon natural hickory liquid smoke
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed
Any one of the following
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 fresh minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, milk, green onions, hickory smoke and only one seasoning with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in salmon.
- Chill several hours for flavors to blend.
- Spread on toasted bagels, bagel chips, French bread slices, crackers, pumpernickel or rye bread.
Outstanding! This is sooo yummy and you would think it is smoked salmon if you didn't know any better. ;) I cut the recipe in half, and used no green onions. I added the dill variation. Perfection! I spread it over a whole grain english muffin for a yummy healthy breakfast. Thank you so much for sharing! This recipe is a star!
Yep, this is a winner! Added dill and some Tabasco for zip to 1/2 the recipe. Will definitely make this again! Made for Think Pink and Cooking Photo's Dairy event.