Every once in a while, I get a craving for that yummy smoky cream cheese and lox flavor. This recipe makes quite a lot, but it's very easy to cut in half. Cook time listed is chill time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon natural hickory liquid smoke
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed
Any one of the following
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 fresh minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, milk, green onions, hickory smoke and only one seasoning with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in salmon.
- Chill several hours for flavors to blend.
- Spread on toasted bagels, bagel chips, French bread slices, crackers, pumpernickel or rye bread.