Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy, very tasty recipe. No bones to remove. I wish I could take the credit for this wonderful recipe but I can't, I found it at another site, it was submitted by Rebecca S. So she's the one to thank. Enjoy!!
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 5 chicken thighs, diced (thighs are cheaper)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix (I use jiffy)
- 1 cup milk
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet.
- cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside; reserve bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, onion and chicken to bacon drippings and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in chicken broth; season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn and simmer all together for 15 minutes.
- Pour in half and half and bring to a boil; add crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then another ten minutes covered.
- Do not stir while biscuits are cooking or they will fall apart.
- serve hot and enjoy.