Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a winning recipe in the 1997 Crab Cook-Off in Maryland, my home state.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- saltine crumbs, very finely ground
- Beat eggs.
- Add parsley flakes, Old Bay Seasoning, mustards, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice,Miracle Whip and, salt and pepper.
- Carefully add crab meat without breaking up lumps too much.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Flatten balls into cakes.
- Heat saute' pan with a little oil on stove top.
- Saute' cakes until golden brown, turning once.
- OR broil in oven til golden brown.
These are seasoned prefectly. No breading for filler you`re eating crab! I did add very finely chopped red peppers. I used Hellmans Mayo instead of Miracle whip. And instead of crackers I used panko flakes. This recipe is most definitely a keeper in my cook book.It was cooked about 3-4 minutes on each side. Thanks for posting a very delish and easy recipe.
My family just loved these crab cakes. Will be making these over and over. Thanks for posting.
These had a great taste but they did not stick together. I followed the recipe as written except I used Kraft mayo instead of Miracle Whip as that is what I buy.