1 hr 35 mins
~Dawn R~'s Note:
This is an apple pie recipe modified from The New Pillsbury Family Cookbook, with tips that I learned from my mother. I've just made a few adjustments here and there. At first, this was just something I did and had never written it down, but each time I've made this pie, people have asked for the recipe. So, here it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 2 cups flour, chilled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter (i prefer unsalted butter) or 2/3 cup margarine (i prefer unsalted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 -7 tablespoons of ice cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Combine the flour and salt and cinnamon. cut in the butter till the mixture.
- 2is the size of small peas. sprinkle water in one spoonful at a time, while.
- 3tossing and stirring lightly. when the dough is moist enough to stick.
- 4together, form two balls. flatten and roll to 1/2 inch thickness on a.
- 5floured surface. cut out a circle large enough for the pie pan. wrap in celophane and refrigerate till needed.
- 6for filling:.
- 7This is the key secret -- fill a large bowl with water and two tablespoons of the lemon juice. Peel, core and slice the apples to about 1/2 thick slices, and place the slices in the lemon water. This keeps the apples from turning color and gives them a little extra tartness.
- 8Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the apple slices and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, tossing till the apple slices are evenly covered with the flour-sugar mixture. Place one of the pie crusts into a dish, pricking the bottom with a fork. Pour the apple mixture into the lined pie pan. Cut the butter into pieces and drop these into the apple mixture.
- 9finish the top crust however you like (full top or lattice). Sprinkle the.
- 10top crust with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 40-50 minutes,.
- 11or until the top crust is golden and the pie is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Apple Pie Ever
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 452.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g