Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
when I make this, I like to use a variety of apples,I get the pie filling enhancer from King Arthur Flour and reduce my own cider..
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 10 cups apples, peel, slice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup boiled cider
- 1⁄4 cup pie filling enhancer
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 425*.for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375* and bake an additional 45 minutes.