Lab Chef's Note:
This is my modified simple apple crisp. I recommend using a tart apple like granny smith, there is a lot of sugar in this recipe and the tart works better then a sweet apple.
My Private Note
9x9 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and large diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- 2Peel, core and slice the apples into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces and place into a large bowl.
- 3Add to the bowl with the apples, the 1/2 cup sugar, corn starch and cinnamon. Stir until all the apple are coated with the sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Pour the apples into a 9x9 in baking pan, and pack down a little.
- 5The crisp:.
- 6In another large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder/soda and salt. Mix well to incorporate.
- 7Add the melted butter and mix until all the dry is combined. Pour over top the apples and pack down a little.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1-2 hours.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Apple Crisp I
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 68.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g