1 hr 30 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
This tastes very much like an apple pie only in cake form. It's absolutely my favorite apple cake recipe ever. Delicious served with ice cream or whipped topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- 3Mix the apples, 5 tablespoons sugar and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 4Combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla extract in another large bowl; whisk to blend.
- 5Stir flour, baking powder and salt into egg mixture.
- 6Spoon 1 1/2 cups batter into prepared bundt pan.
- 7Top with half of apple mixture.
- 8Cover with 1 1/2 cups batter.
- 9Top with remaining apples, then with remaining batter.
- 10Bake cake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and tester inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 11Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 12Run knife around sides of pan and center tube to loosen.
- 13Turn cake out onto rack.
- 14Cool for 1 hour.
- 15Dust cake with confectioners' sugar.
- 16Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, non-dairy whipped topping or whipped cream.
- 17Store any leftover cake covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Apple Cake Ever
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.7
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 341.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 78.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g