Recipe by CandyTX
This is a friend's recipe that she made for me every year on my birthday. It's a lot of work, I won't lie, but it's really really REALLY good. (just ignore the nutrition information!)
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups self rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 300~.
- Mix in bowl the first 3 ingredients: apples, sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix in another bowl the next 3 ingredients: eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla together; then add flour until mixed well.
- Grease and flour angel food cake pan.
- Add half batter, then apples mixture and then rest of batter.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, (do not open oven door for first 1 1/2 hours of baking). If after 1 1/2 hours if it is still not done, bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool then flip it onto cake plate.