This is my DH favorite cake, I have tried many apple cakes over the years and this is a winner!! So moist and dense, with a caramel taste, cannot say enough, just try it and see.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, soda and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, apple juice and vanilla. Stir in apples and nuts. Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, butter and cream.
- Cook and stir till bubbly and all of the sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. Drizzle warm sauce over cake, when it has cooled for 5 minutes, so it can seep into the cake, keeping it moist.