Recipe by Localvore
SO easy and good! This apple bundt cake is so moist and so dense! It is my go to cake recipe for down home comfort food. This is the recipe for you if you want an outstanding apple bundt cake that will turn into a family comfort favorite. Delicious warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream :D
- 3 cups golden delicious apples (peeled, cored, cut into dime-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Combine cut apple pieces with Lemon Juice and Lemon Rind. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients: sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix until sugar desolves to some degree.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together: flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda and add to the wet ingredients.
- Add apples and nuts last.
- WARNING the batter will be almost as thick as cookie dough! This is normal.
- Place batter in greased/floured bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional:Drizzle with a glaze if you like.