Recipe by Janine Ross
These are light and very easy to make. I have tried several recipes, but this one is just great. Nice served with Honey/ icecream or any other topping you like, can also be used with savory toppings. From Delicious magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour (250 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk (250mls)
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- icing sugar, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl, and make a well in the centre.
- Add yolks mixed with Buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
- In a clean seperate bowl, whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before using.
- Cook in a wafffle iron, according to instructions.
- Top with desired topping and serve, dusted with icing sugar. Enjoy!