Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are light and very easy to make. I have tried several recipes, but this one is just great. Nice served with Honey/ icecream or any other topping you like, can also be used with savory toppings. From Delicious magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour (250 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk (250mls)
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- icing sugar, to dust
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl, and make a well in the centre.
- Add yolks mixed with Buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
- In a clean seperate bowl, whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before using.
- Cook in a wafffle iron, according to instructions.
- Top with desired topping and serve, dusted with icing sugar. Enjoy!
I've been making these every Sunday for months and forgot to rate. Obviously I think they are great. So does my family. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
These were very simple to make, and absolutely delicious! Thank you, Janine. I will treat my family to these more often!
Clearly an awesome Waffle Recipe! I have been making these since March 2010 and still make these in regular basis. They are delicious, my entire family loves these, you can top them with your favorite toppings, but you don't need to. We usually only use some sirup.