Chef #1367391's Note:
If you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious meal, this Enchilada Soup is the ticket! This famous family recipe is highly requested and always a winner. You'll be amazed at the wonderful flavor! We love to top it off with tortilla chips, avocado slices, pepper jack cheese, or a spoonful of sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (not drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (DRAINED)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans of diced green chili peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can of sliced olives (not drained)
- 2 sliced chicken breasts (precooked with garlic salt)
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce (red or green)
- half a bundle cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1It is important to add the liquid from ALL canned ingredients (except from the black beans) in order to get the rich flavor.
- 2Cook chicken with a little bit of garlic salt and slice into squares when completely cooked.
- 3On a medium heat, add the cooked chicken, corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles, olives, lime juice and enchilada sauce into a large pot.
- 4Drain black beans and add them to the rest of the ingredients. Continue to simmer for 20 minute.
- 5While soup is simmering cut cilantro. Do not add to the soup until ready to serve or it will turn a wilted yellow-green color.
- 6Once soup is served, add desired toppings. Bon appétit!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best and Easiest Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 1100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g