Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious meal, this Enchilada Soup is the ticket! This famous family recipe is highly requested and always a winner. You'll be amazed at the wonderful flavor! We love to top it off with tortilla chips, avocado slices, pepper jack cheese, or a spoonful of sour cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (not drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (DRAINED)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof diced green chili peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) canof sliced olives (not drained)
- 2 sliced chicken breasts (precooked with garlic salt)
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce (red or green)
- half a bundle cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- tortilla chips
- It is important to add the liquid from ALL canned ingredients (except from the black beans) in order to get the rich flavor.
- Cook chicken with a little bit of garlic salt and slice into squares when completely cooked.
- On a medium heat, add the cooked chicken, corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles, olives, lime juice and enchilada sauce into a large pot.
- Drain black beans and add them to the rest of the ingredients. Continue to simmer for 20 minute.
- While soup is simmering cut cilantro. Do not add to the soup until ready to serve or it will turn a wilted yellow-green color.
- Once soup is served, add desired toppings. Bon appétit!