Recipe by Ambercrombiegirl
This is my all time favorite recipe for bran muffins. You can make it as healthy as you want to! Very Good!
Top Review by AngieME
I loved these! I made no changes except I was low on milk so added some water to make it enough -- about half the "milk" was water. I like the fact that it uses whole wheat pastry flour rather than a/p, and I like to use just egg whites too. These turned out perfect even though I was a bit skeptical when I was scooping that batter into the muffin pans...the batter appeared strange and I feared it wouldn't raise well. But they turned out great in taste & texture. Now, I may use this as a base and experiment like others have with spices. Great with a little honey.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Measure cereal and milk into mixing bowl. stir to combine.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to cereal mixture only until combined.
- Portion batter into 12 greased 2 1/2 in, muffin cups evenly.Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy!