Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This was in this Sunday's paper; I haven't tried it, but it sounds pretty easy to make. *I'm just guessing that prep time and cook time are the same thing here.*
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush best chili beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can dried tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper until the meat is browned; drain the excess grease.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, except the cheese; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with cheese, if desired.
Good basic chili recipe. I served this as a bowl of chili one night and then in chili dogs a few days later. Both were good. This is a very mild chili; if anything, it could use a little more heat. Note: I believe the ingredient listed as 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can DRIED tomatoes should be DICED tomatoes instead.