1/9 Photos of Best Albondigas Soup
This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law. It's definitely one my favorite soups. Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed (not the fully cooked kind)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Make the meatballs first: Combine everything and mix thoroughly.
- 2Form meatballs and roll between your palms (Otherwise, meatballs will fall apart in the soup).
- 3You should make around 20 to 24 meatballs, set aside.
- 4Combine chicken broth, onion, celery, tomatoes and their liquid, cumin, oregano and cilantro leaves in a large pot.
- 5Bring to broil, and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Drop meatballs in the soup (Make sure the soup is slightly boiling, the meatballs need to be cooked quickly).
- 7Return to simmer and cook another 10 minutes.
- 8Add zucchini and cook 10 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 10You could top the soup with cooked rice, or just by itself.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Albondigas Soup
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 1106.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.6 g