Recipe by ChefRaylene
Goes with my Eggplant Parmigiana recipe. Really makes the recipe more tasty. I think its the secret ingredient that other recipes are missing.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and chicken broth; bring just to a simmer over medium-low heat; keep warm.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes without allowing flour to brown.
- Remove from heat and whisk in hot milk and stock.
- Return to low heat and cook, whisking occasionally, 4-5 minutes, until sauce is medium thick.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and thyme.