- 1 paratha dough
- 1⁄2 cup gram flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 -4 pinches asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped (towel dried)
- oil (to shallow fry) or ghee (to shallow fry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the gram flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, cumin seeds and corriander Take a lump of dough.
- Roll it and spread oil on the chappati.
- Sprinkle some filling over it.
- Tightly roll into a swissroll.
- Form an overlapping spiral.
- Press and re-roll to full size.
- Shallow fry and serve hot with curds and pickle.