Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lynda, this recipe is especially for you! Goodluck for the coming months:)
- 4 cups gram flour (besan)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups ghee
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, broken
- Mix the milk and 1/4 cup ghee with the gram flour in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to mix.
- Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Chop nuts or break them to fine pieces.
- Heat the rest of the ghee in a wok.
- Now (after 30 minutes are up), fry the gramflour in the ghee for 5-7 minutes.
- Break the whole lump of gramflour into smaller pieces.
- Keep stirring CONTINUOUSLY (at this stage it will be sizzling and bubbly).
- Add sugar, nuts and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Switch off flame.
- Transfer mixture to a plate and spread out mixture so as to allow it to cool faster.
- After 10 minutes when the mixture is still warm but has cooled down a bit, make into even sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container.
I was longing to eat homemade besan laddoos n vry eagerly tried out this recipe, but it turned out awful. The gramflr mixture was vry granular after frying it in ghee n i just couldnt shape them into balls. The mixture ws just falling apart. Please don't try this coz the measure for the ingredients is inappropriate. There's another recipe by the same person on this site which clearly states lesser amount of ghee, no milk n diffrent method of preparation plus it has received 4 five star reviews. Maybe i should hv tried out that one. unfortunately i came across that "finger-licking recipe" as its so called after i had prepared this "oh so awful recipe". Sorry Charishma, but this recipe just didnt measure up to ur standard.