Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my cooking class.
- 1 1⁄2 cups besan (gramflour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups desiccated coconut (100gms)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup ghee
- sliced almonds (to garnish)
- Use good quality besan and ghee. Sieve besan. Heat ghee. Roast besan on low till nice aroma comes. Keep stirring.
- Now slowly add milk, keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add sugar, coconut. Cook 20 mins on low. Keep stirring very frequently. Taste for sugar. Add more if needed.
- Grease 1 big plate or thaal. Pour mixture and flatten on top. Sprinkle almonds.
- Cool and cut into squares or diamonds. This can stay and taste good for 5 to 6 days in fridge. Lasts longer in winters.