Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very tasty recipe. Serving sizes are guesstimates
- 4 cups chickpea flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons soft semisolid ghee (clarified butter)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup curds
- 1 1⁄4 cups ghee
- Take flour in a large shallow dish.
- Mix in semisolid ghee and rub through flour with fingers.
- Press down flour together, sprinkle milk, keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, add enough water in sugar to just immerse it.
- Heat and bring to a boil.
- Make a syrup of 2-1/2 thread or soft ball test.(refer features for syrup details).
- Pass flour little by little through a large holed sieve, gently.
- The sieved flour must be like fine crumbs.
- Heat ghee in a large heavy skillet.
- Add crumbs and fry gently stirring continuously, till aroma exudes strongly.
- Add cardamom, yogurt, and stir continuously all along asthe bottom may burn.
- Add prepared syrup, (hot but not boiling).
- Take off fire, stir gently 'til well blended and mixture starts to thicken a bit.
- Pour into a large walled plate or tray, cool.
- When warm mark and cut with sharp knife, into squares or diamond shapes.
- Gently pry off with a spatula or knife.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
- This has a shelf life of 3 weeks or more.